WELCOME TO THE STORE..
National Honour Steve Smith Signed 45th Test Captain Bat
NATIONAL HONOUR – STEVE SMITH SIGNED FRAMED 45th TEST CAPTAIN BAT
There are few more respected and debated posts in Australia than that of the national cricket team’s Test captaincy. Colloquially known as the second most important job in the nation behind the Prime Minister, it has rarely – if ever – been given to men of anything less than immense skill and standing in the cricket community. So it was with no small consideration that the reins were handed to Steven Peter Devereux Smith. Smith’s talents were spotted early with his first cap won as a raw 21-year old in 2010 yielding four Tests. But it wasn’t until after his second stint in the Baggy Green began in 2013 that his talent blossomed and his potential leadership became evident.
With runs flowing at an imperious rate before he took the reins as a stand-in for the injured Michael Clarke in December 2014, the New South Welshman proved the top job was a task with which he was incredibly comfortable. Centuries in each of his first three matches at the helm were followed by another in his fifth, this time as the full-time skipper, to quickly stamp his credentials among the host of champions to have held the post.
- Commemorates Steve Smith’s ascension to the Australian Test captaincy – the third youngest Australian to receive the top job
- Features a bat personally signed by Smith
- Display features the names of the 44 Australian captains to have come before him and selected action shots from Smith’s career
- Limited to 145 editions – paying tribute to Australia’s 45th Test captain
- Presented in a deluxe timber frame
- Officially licensed by Cricket Australia
- Independently authenticated by a-Tag
- Accompanied by an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- Approximate framed dimensions 1050 x 400 mm
- Available Now!
- Last one in Stock!